- @JudithFreedman @taxbod @wendybradley Hi Judith, given your tax expertise do you think it's likely this incentive has changed in recent yrs? 3 hours ago
- @taxbod @wendybradley yes, it may well be that there are some firms that now find it more cost-effective to employ on self-emp basis 4 hours ago
- @Old_Crusty @taxbod indeed, some of the @resfoundation work points to this 4 hours ago
- @adamjlent true - high grwth businesses aren't the only route to productivity. We're exploring this in more detail in some ongoing research! 4 hours ago
- If the rise in self-employment we're seeing is structural, we have some difficult policy decisions to face smf.co.uk/marketsquare/n… 7 hours ago
- Fun economics websites
- My lip balm is eating my lips!
- Benevolent dictators versus leaders with personality
- Opportunity costs in banking
- Why are the French miserable?
- Performance-related pay isn't performing
- Are sporty people jealous?
- The shocking truth about left-handers
- The FME economics cryptic crossword!
- Is democracy a luxury?
Tag Archives: banks
I’ve just read a pile of books about the financial crisis (partly for work, partly for pleasure), and here are my favourites. If you’re not sure what a synthetic CDO is, but would like to, I would highly recommend Gillian … Continue reading
This week, the UK’s Independent Commission on Banking published its interim report on recommended reforms to the banking system in the wake of various problems highlighted by the recent financial crisis. Much of the focus has been on structural reforms – for … Continue reading