- IMF: UK shld bring forward infrastructure investment. @SMFthinktank shows how to do this and maintain fiscal plan smf.co.uk/research/econo… 2 hours ago
- RT @IMFNews: #IMF: UK should bring forward planned infrastructure investment to offset growth drag from fiscal tightening http://t.co/UpbD… 2 hours ago
- IMF still concerned that capital investment is at a postwar low - as SMF has argued we need more growth-boosting infrastructure spending 2 hours ago
- RT @IMFNews: #IMF: UK govt made sweeping reforms in face of severe crisis, yet still long way from strong, sustainable recovery http://t.co… 2 hours ago
- RT @SMFthinktank: Acclaim for SMF analysis of welfare by @johnvanreenen of CEP/LSE - institutions which wrote the book on unemployment http… 4 hours ago
- Fun economics websites
- My lip balm is eating my lips!
- Opportunity costs in banking
- Does online shopping make you happy?
- Policy for the poor
- The shocking truth about left-handers
- Is democracy a luxury?
- Tell me lies, tell me Pareto white lies
- When asking the question changes the answer
- Jerry Springer and cigarettes
Tag Archives: overconfidence
Career coaches (actually, no, everyone) says that you need to act confident to get to what you want. Think positively. Tell yourself you’re great. Believe in yourself. Being confident signals to others that you are high ability. But what about … Continue reading
There are different shades of discrimination. There is active dislike of a particular group of people, and then there is the tendency to make generalisations about individuals based on the (perceived) characteristics of the group you associate them with e.g. of … Continue reading