- @thechurchmouse @MASieghart @SMFthinktank @unibirmingham @KarenRowlingson who co-wrote it may be able to help with the specific survey qu 1 day ago
- @thechurchmouse @MASieghart @SMFthinktank it's from an ipsos mori survey for the @unibirmingham wealth commission birmingham.ac.uk/research/impac… 1 day ago
- RT @CentreforCities: Migrants set up one in seven UK companies on.ft.com/NwkoGZ (£) And they tend to set up shop in #cities http://t.… 4 days ago
- Suggests either OBR model wrong or we have an even bigger productivity problem than we thought... 4 days ago
- Feel like boom time yet? @FT replication of OBR model - we're already above sustainable level on at least 1 measure.. on.ft.com/1lEqSln 4 days ago
- Fun economics websites
- My lip balm is eating my lips!
- Why are the French miserable?
- Sarah Ferguson: Can you trust people who used to be rich?
- Tell me lies, tell me Pareto white lies
- The shocking truth about left-handers
- Boy snobs
- Bigoted? No, just overconfident and bad at statistics
- Tall and handsome
- Hey, big risk taker
Tag Archives: executive pay
The main political parties have achieved near-consensus that something needs to be done about executive pay. There is an argument that Government has no role in this area, and that private firms, with all their incentives to seek greater profits are … Continue reading
“By 2035 the top 0.1% will take home 14% of the national income. Equivalent to that seen in Victorian England.” So proclaims the final report of the High Pay Commission, which was set up to look at the inequality in … Continue reading
Transparency has definitely come into vogue lately. It’s been rumbling on for a while now, but exploded last year when details of MPs’ expenses were revealed. Heartened by its success, the transparency bandwagon has been running away with itself. The … Continue reading