- RT @SMFthinktank: EVENT: Tomorrow we're holding a breakfast roundtable on child poverty and social mobility. More info here: http://t.co/4j… 6 hours ago
- RT @leonoramerry: Read the @smfthinktank Social Market Bites Autumn Statement Special socialmarketfoundation.cmail2.com/t/ViewEmail/t/… #AS2013 3 days ago
- RT @SMFthinktank: Back to the '70s? Govt wants a surplus of 1.6& of GDP by 2018-19. Last time we had that? 1972-3 #AS2013 http://t.co/siV8A… 4 days ago
- RT @SMFthinktank: What happens if Network Rail becomes part of the public sector? Higher debt-GDP ratio, that's what: http://t.co/199iP4YmB… 4 days ago
- RT @SMFthinktank: Autumn Statement 2013: Removing the caps on caps and gowns - ow.ly/rtZQ8 @emranmian writes for the @FT on #AS2… 4 days ago
- My lip balm is eating my lips!
- Fun economics websites
- About Five Minute Economist
- Is democracy a luxury?
- The FME economics cryptic crossword!
- Tell me lies, tell me Pareto white lies
- Does online shopping make you happy?
- An economist's guide to keeping your New Year resolutions
- Opportunity costs in banking
- Why are the French miserable?
Tag Archives: banks
I’ve just read a pile of books about the financial crisis (partly for work, partly for pleasure), and here are my favourites. If you’re not sure what a synthetic CDO is, but would like to, I would highly recommend Gillian … Continue reading
This week, the UK’s Independent Commission on Banking published its interim report on recommended reforms to the banking system in the wake of various problems highlighted by the recent financial crisis. Much of the focus has been on structural reforms – for … Continue reading