- @thechurchmouse @MASieghart @SMFthinktank @unibirmingham @KarenRowlingson who co-wrote it may be able to help with the specific survey qu 1 day ago
- @thechurchmouse @MASieghart @SMFthinktank it's from an ipsos mori survey for the @unibirmingham wealth commission birmingham.ac.uk/research/impac… 1 day ago
- RT @CentreforCities: Migrants set up one in seven UK companies on.ft.com/NwkoGZ (£) And they tend to set up shop in #cities http://t.… 4 days ago
- Suggests either OBR model wrong or we have an even bigger productivity problem than we thought... 4 days ago
- Feel like boom time yet? @FT replication of OBR model - we're already above sustainable level on at least 1 measure.. on.ft.com/1lEqSln 4 days ago
- Fun economics websites
- My lip balm is eating my lips!
- Why are the French miserable?
- Sarah Ferguson: Can you trust people who used to be rich?
- The shocking truth about left-handers
- Boy snobs
- Tell me lies, tell me Pareto white lies
- Hey, big risk taker
- Tall and handsome
- Bigoted? No, just overconfident and bad at statistics
Monthly Archives: April 2011
I’m taking advantage of the double bank holiday weekend in the UK and am jetting off (thank you, Kate). In the meantime, should you be looking for some economics fun over the holiday season, try the Five Minute Economist cryptic … Continue reading
This week, the UK’s Independent Commission on Banking published its interim report on recommended reforms to the banking system in the wake of various problems highlighted by the recent financial crisis. Much of the focus has been on structural reforms – for … Continue reading
It’s hard being a Duchess without any taxpayer subsidy to fall back on. Just ask Sarah Ferguson, still a Duchess, but without a royal title since divorcing Prince Andrew, Duke of York. According to reports over the last year or … Continue reading
In the UK, it’s Mother’s Day tomorrow. The shops are filled with pink and flowery trinkets. The proliferation of all these pretty presents dedicated to mothers may make any rational utility maximising person wonder: is it time I became a mother? (Or … Continue reading